With the increase rate of unemployment levels among the youth in the country, farming will be the best option to venture in. Farming provides youth and women a viable way to earn success by creating a pool of employment. Agriculture is not yet explored fully and needs young brain power to do research and ensure modern techniques are utilized in production.However, young people still perceive farming as dirty work meant for the less educated and that it is unprofitable and unable to support their livelihood compared to white collar jobs, but on the contrary they miss out on many opportunities as agriculture, if well explored and managed, will result to huge profits realized.
If you have passion, the right equipment, capital and skills, farming will give you good returns for yourself and family. It doesn’t require a lot capital to start and provides good returns over a short period of time. The concept of making money from agriculture sounds sweet and easy but however before you start an agribusiness venture you have possess the right skills. Graduate Farmer has developed modules that will help youth and women in Kenya get a better chance of succeed in agriculture and empower themselves. These modules are designed to equip them with knowledge that will prepare them as they run their businesses.
- Crop and Animal Management – This module provides the youth with necessary skills on how to raise livestock and grow various crops.
- Youth group/Welfare Management – Teaching the youth on how to manage their youth groups effectively over time.
- Financial Management – How the youth can wisely save and use their money in various farm activities and personal emergencies.
- ICT in Farming- How the youth can apply new technology that will help them increase productivity in farming.
- Business Management and Marketing – How the youth can be able to their agribusiness ventures and identify market opportunities.
- Linkages to financial institutions
- Mentorship and Coaching
- Practical Animal and Crop Management Manuals
- Farm Supplies Linkages
- Networking with professional Dairy and Horticultural farmers
Please Note: Currently we are only training on Dairy and Vegetable Farming. The venues for training is in Eldoret town (Uasin Gishu County).